Electronic expansion valve (EXV)
The EXV is a control valve driven by a geared motor for use in A/C systems for the chemical refrigerants R134a and R1234yf. It is increasingly used in electric vehicles equipped with heat pumps. In addition to serving as an expansion valve, it can also be used as a shut-off valve.
- Electronic expansion valve controlled by geared motor.
- Used in vehicle air conditioning systems with multiple evaporators in front, rear or roof air conditioning systems in conjunction with compressors with fixed or variable stroke, where the refrigerant flow to the individual air conditioning systems is to be completely shut off.
- Further application in electric and hybrid vehicles whose batteries are cooled by the vehicle air conditioning system.
- Control via LIN bus.
- Low valve hysteresis due to position sensor integrated in the drive.
- Different flow characteristics possible by adapting the valve needle geometry.
- Valve connections in 0° and 90° versions possible.
- Sealing principles: radial o-ring or slim-line-sealing-washer
Nominal valve size: up to ø3,5mm possible