SMA-VARIO is accessed externally through electricity and consists of a shape-memory wire and a correcting element. By energizing the wire, it heats up and carries out its correcting movement. Depending on its form of application, the correcting element can be executed as a bolt or slide and be supplemented with return springs. The casing can be screwed on or adhesively attached.
Since the wire is accessed electrically, it heats up. It returns to its original position upon cooling; this process is dependent on the external surroundings.
• correcting and positioning engines
• unlocking actors
• small production space
• impervious to electromagnetic fields
• does not create electromagnetic fields
• weather and corrosion resistant
• weighs up to 90% less than electromagnets